Thursday, July 15, 2010

A Divine Day...

Master Photographer, Jeff Divine & Artist Susan Wickstrand after we signed the Rell Sunn collaborative collages.
Jeff holding, "A King & A Queen"; Collaborative Collage with Divine/Wickstrand
Jeff Divine's autograph on back to seal the deal...
Jeff thumb stamp signing above a picture of him in the artwork, "A Queen's Catch", classic.
Jeff & Susan at The Surfer's Journal discussing the new Rell Sunn creations...
Jeff & Susan holding up, "A Queen's Catch" collaborative collage...

Some days magic happens. Today was such a day & I embrace it. I completed a series of collaborative collages with Jeff Divine for an upcoming show this Saturday. This a.m. as I packed up the car with the artworks to show the Master Photographer I was a bit nervous. What if he didn't like what I had created with his gorgeous images? Gulp. What if he refused to sign the artworks with me? What was I thinking to ask someone of his caliber to collaborate? These are the things going through my brain this a.m. However, things went great with Art Brewer so suck it up, face the fear and move on. Fortunately, to my delight Jeff was very pleased & I left stoked after showing the master my craft. Signatures & thumb stamps accomplished, now to wax all the artworks before Friday. All is well & I will slumber more sweetly this evening...enjoy a few snaps from my journey today at The Surfer's Journal...thank you Jeff & we thank you Rell Sunn for the amazing inspiration to many. Mahalos ~ Susan
* A special thank you to Jan Sunn-Carreira for meeting with me and discussing the images in advance of creating the artworks and help with translating text into Hawaiian for titles of artworks. Many Mahalos Jan you are a lovely lady inside & out.

No comments:

ShareThis